Thursday, September 15, 2011

Window Seat

My grandmother introduced me to poetry when I was a little girl. She had a journal full of poems she had written. She was my role model and I always wanted to be like her so from time to time I'd write a poem. I'm not a professional poet or anything but I try. Lol:

I'm trapped inside a window.
Life on the outside is moving so freely.
I see smiles on full faces but with empty meanings.
I'm starting to question who I really am.
I've never been so uncertain, it was always easier to hide behind the curtains.
But, this time there's no draping, no curtains, just bare. So out of this window I stare.
Wishing I was on the other side, or maybe I won't sit here next time.

By: Me :)

1 comment:

  1. nice! Favorite line:

    "I see smiles on full faces with empty meanings"

    I like how you contrast the "full" faces with "empty" meanings. Its hard to parse out what you mean by that (which is a sign of good poetry--it always gets one to think!).

    ReplyDelete